My Photo
Name:
Location: 34.609N -92.486W

Friday, October 03, 2008

more progress

I just finished my second summer project. It lived in the garage. The plan was to work on it if I got rained out on the deck project. I never got rained out, so it languished. Deck got finished so work began in earnest on the "garage" project.

Plan A was to build a swing. I found a neat white cedar swing kit on the internet and had designed a frame to hang it from. Plan A didn't work out. I had to look into plan B. It was never meant as a deck ornament; I really didn't have room for such a structure. I checked back on the internet from the same place I bought the kit and they had a "conversion" kit for a glider.

It looks great and is very comfortable. Being cedar I don't have to do anything to it to keep the bugs away or to discourage the elements from eating it.

I love it when a plan comes together, even if it is second choice.



Tomorrow morning I drink my pot of coffee and hit the hot tub place to talk turkey. Wish me luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home