My Photo
Name:
Location: 34.609N -92.486W

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Things I've Learned...

I travel all over the state with my new job. In the morning as I leave town I always listen to NPR. Unfortunately, as I get further from town, I lose the signal. It eventually gets so bad that I turn it off. I try scanning other stations to see if there's anything worth listening to. Typically there isn't so I turn off the radio. Then my mind takes over. I solve the world's problems. I think about things. Sometimes its maddening what I think about. Sometimes it's reflective. Lately, it's involved a lot of reflection.

She taught me things. Things about plants, oil paintings, birds, caring, etc. Our relationship also taught me things. Something I now know that I didn't know before was that I need someone in my life to share things with.

We did all the standard "couple" things. We went to movies, concerts, ran errands, had little adventures, a few big adventures, a few getaways together, and a few projects. All priceless experiences.

Before her, it had been a long, long time since I had thought about those things. Maybe I had forgotten about them.

Now, I've come to realize those are the best things. The times when you can share things with someone you have something in common with. You share the experience, talk about it, you reminisce together. Use the memories to plan future events. Those are the best of times.

To share experiences with someone. That's what I will miss the most. The ache for her is gone. That's over. The ache for someone to share things with has supplanted those feelings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home