My Photo
Name:
Location: 34.609N -92.486W

Thursday, October 02, 2008

Direct Buy

I bought in to Direct Buy a month or so back. They make they money on the membership fee you pay.

I just bought $650 worth of window blinds for $405. I priced them at Lowes, Home Depot, and on the internet. All were real close to $650. The money I saved was much more than a monthly membership payment.

I will eventually remodel my kitchen, paint the interior, and redo flooring throughout the house. I will buy flooring, cabinets, paint, light fixtures, and appliances through DB. The saving I realize through DB will more than pay for the cost of my membership.

The trick is to have enough work on the horizon so the savings defray or surmount the cost of membership. If you were starting from scratch and building a house, it would be a flat out, no-brainer to buy in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home