My Photo
Name:
Location: 34.609N -92.486W

Saturday, March 05, 2005

i'm feelin' better

I've had a mild irritation in my nose for the last month. Almost like an allergy but none of the other symptoms. The worse thing about it was some horrendous sneezing. I know I made woman and children cry and dogs cower in fear with a few of my nasal blasts.

Then, a week or so back a friend of mine, the redheadeditor, blogged about catching a cold. Shortly thereafter, I came down with a doozy.

Last Tuesday I felt like shit. Took Wednesday off. Drove to Fayetteville and back on Thursday, in retrospect, probably a big mistake. Friday my plan was to get up and drive north to visit my Dad. Started packin' the truck Thursday night. I figured I'd feel better in the morning. Friday morning I felt pretty bad but figured I could make it. I finished packing the truck, loaded up the dog, and headed north. I got about eight miles before it dawned on me I wasn't feelin' real well. In fact, I was feelin' pretty weak. I really hadn't had anything to eat since Tuesday. In a fit of lucidity I decided a seven hour (under normal circumstances) drive was not the brightest thing I could be attempting. Besides, why make the trip and be miserable the whole time and take the risk of infecting Dad and anybody else I might encounter. I turned the truck around and hit the couch.

It's Saturday now and I'm feelin' better but not up to a drive. Still haven't had anything to eat. A few crackers and some orange juice. I blame this cold on the redheadeditor. She's been braggin' about learnin' html code and I figure she found a way of sending germs through code. Kind of like those computer worms and viruses we hear about. She'll get hers one day.

4 Comments:

Blogger Diann said...

Get well soon, at least you weren't supposed to start a new job like your friend. "Feed a cold, starve a fever," is my mother's advice. It might help to eat a little more. Sorry you feel bad.
Diann

3:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better. It put me in bed for three days. Can I blame the redheadeditor for my virus?
Lana

9:24 PM  
Blogger Redhead Editor said...

It's not my fault. And no, Lana can't blame me either. I am not Typhoid Redhead! I finally started feeling better about Thursday, but it's dragging on and I have to start my new job tomorrow. It hit me on Friday that I am now the age that I used to feel sorry for people because it took them so long to get over the flu. Holy crap! We're the same age, so it might take a while to feel better, too. But whatever you do... don't blame me.

10:18 PM  
Blogger Diann said...

Hey Lana,
Sorry to hear you were sick too. Hope you are better - no time for sickness, got to study :) Things are going better here.
D.

10:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home