My Photo
Name:
Location: 34.609N -92.486W

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

a good day

No rant today. Nice for a change isn’t it?

Had site visits yesterday so spent the night in NW AR. Got lucky for my visits and missed the rain showers that kept moving through the area. Met a friend and his wife and almost 2 year old for dinner. Had a good visit. Good pizza at Guido’s on 412.

Got up this morning (even slept a little late) and drove south. Had THE perfect trip down the Pig Trail, a two-lane narrow twisty route through the Ozark Mountains. You know, one of those routes with several “Dangerous and Steep Next XX Miles” signs. Those are my favorite road signs! I say perfect because there was nobody in front of me to slow me down and nobody behind me trying to make me hurry along. A REAL TREAT. I thought for a while that the road must be closed ahead for there to be so little traffic.

It was overcast but bright enough to force me to wear my shades. Everything was really clear and sharp due to the quality of the light. All the creeks were full and flowing. They were light foamy green colored due to all the limestone in the area. I kept wondering if there were any fish in the pools. Duck season is over so we can start thinking about fishing. It won’t be long before we’ll be in the rivers float-fishing for smallmouth. Next to walleyes in Canada, it’s my favorite fishing.

Got back to the office and checked the inbox. Yahoo!!!! No surprises. In fact, several items I had been looking for. No phone messages either. I checked with folks in my office to make sure the phones were actually working. If my inbox and phone acted like this more often I would spend more time in the office. It’s amazing how much you can get done if nobody bothers you!

It was such a good day, I wish all my friends could have shared it with me. Imagining the same trip with a busload of my favorite people is too good to be true! Probably would have packed a big picnic lunch and spent the WHOLE day driving back.

2 Comments:

Blogger Redhead Editor said...

Wish I could have shared it with you. My days are just one sucky day after another, sleeping late, freelancing, watching "Matlock."

1:06 AM  
Blogger Diann said...

Sounds like a wonderful day - I am home from a trip to Florida. Have to say that the mountains are much more my style, today the sun is bright, it's 50, and everything is glowing - it's a God day.

12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home