My Photo
Name:
Location: 34.609N -92.486W

Friday, May 27, 2005

i'm a guy, we notice

I’m going to be blunt. I’m going to be honest. I’m a guy. Call me a sexist pig if it makes you feel better.

I was once asked what part of a woman I notice first. My reply was quick and simple, “It depends if she’s coming or going.” If she’s coming toward me I notice her face and particularly her smile, or lack thereof. If she’s walking away, I notice her butt. Plain and simple.

Smiles are very important. They’re inviting and friendly. Land’s End catalogue has the best lookin’ models. Take a look for yourself. Compare it to other similar catalogues. They’re not in the super-model category, but they all have smiles on their faces. That’s very appealing. The best lookin’ woman on earth loses several points when she doesn’t smile. The “skin” magazines are infamous for their scantily clad (if clad at all) frowning models. Yuk, what a turn-off! Give me a pretty smile any day.

A shapely butt, aaah, what can I say? For you women out there who obsess over the size and or shape of your butt, chill out. Skinny butts are no good! I’ve known several women who always looked much better with a little flesh on their bones. Maybe even a little Rubenesque (google rubens or zoftig).

I know you’re out there wondering if I’m pulling your leg. Well, not really, I will discuss boobs too. There, do you feel better? I said it. Boobs. What a friendly word. Boobs. Say it out loud. You can’t help but get a chuckle out of it (unless your Tom DeLay, and I’ll bet he’d chuckle in private). Boobs. There are numerous synonyms, but boobs is my personal favorite: yambos, hooters, tits (my least favorite), puppies, hoolies, babies, honkers, breasts (sounds too clinical), balloons, bongos, etc.

There is such a thing as “too big” boobs. Most of them are store-bought. Very few of the “too big” variety are the products of genetics. But alas, too big is too big whether store-bought or hereditary. There is also such a thing as “too small” boobs. Remember Twiggy? The ideal boob occupies a wide and varied range between too big and too small.

I’ve noticed that boobs can appear to change in size from one day to the next. Plump and perky one day and small and sad the next, then back again. What’s with this? Is it one of those wonder bras doing the magic? And how does one go about “training” a boob? Can they do tricks? I wonder.

Am I obsessed, or just honest? Ladies, be proud of your boobs! I’m sorry, I’m a guy, we notice.

3 Comments:

Blogger Redhead Editor said...

Damn, I wish I were single again. I love your honesty and now know you really like me! Cuz I got junk in the trunk. And just the right amount of boobage. Oh, to answer your question. They're different because of... hormones! And yes, mine can do amazing tricks!

11:14 AM  
Blogger Diann said...

omigod - just when I was beginning to think you were always involved in higher order thinking you came right down to the ground. I have big boobs, not much butt, and way too much stomach. Doesn't sound like the way things should be - oh well - I got the smile thing going. From the front I prefer a smile, wide shoulders, long legs. From the rear - the butts have it. Although shoulders are good from either side. At the ripe age of 54 I still like to look and the hormones are working too. Ellen's right - that's what makes the boobs go round, or flat, as the case may be. Glad to hear you still have hormones too.

4:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We've noticed!
lana

8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home